Kauai blogposts coming soon! In the meantime...
- Hike the Kalalau trail on the Na Pali Coast. 2 miles to the beach, 2 more miles back to the waterfalls. Go early to beat the crowds. Watch out for nudists :)
- Visit Waimea Canyon, the grand canyon of Hawaii!
- If you're up for some movement, Canyon trail is a gorgeous hike through Waimea. Pretty tough. Wear good shoes. View is amazing. 3-4 hours roundtrip.
- Wailua Falls to view a beautiful and somewhat famous waterfall (good photo opp)
- Brennecke's Beach is, according to my mother, home of the best body surfing in the world! Not sure about that but I can confirm Brennecke's Beach Broiler is an amazing spot for lunch and a cold drink :) casual but really good with a pretty view
- Shipwreck Beach - hot sun, calm water
- For a fun local bar (also seen in the movie The Descendents), try Tahiti Nui
- Behind the Dolphin Restaurant in Hanalei there is a fish market - the poke is the best on the island
- Ke'e Beach for a sunset picnic :)
- Since most of the island is not accessible via car, a plane tour is a great idea! Wings over Kauai was wonderful