- Spend time in the Cannaregio District in the northeast. It was our favorite & while we were there (late May) it was much less touristy then the rest of Venice & therefore way more enjoyable!
- Dine on the canal in Cannaregio at Ristorante Tintoretto - wonderful food with gorgeous views
- For something quick, grab take-away pizza from Antico Forno
- Go on a gondola ride, of course! Pro tip: they charge per gondola (up to 6 people) so grab some friends to make the price worth it
- Walk over Ponte de Chiodo, one of the only bridges without a parapet
- Visit the markets near Rialto Bridge
- Splurge on a water taxi from the airport - it's worth it!
- Day trip to Burano
- Stay at the Generator Hostel. It's right on the water (room views are to die for!), everything is easily accessible via water taxi, there's a bar and it's very social so you are sure to meet some friends!