CINQUE TERRE RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Stay in Vernazza at La Rosa dei Venti (or elsewhere but definitely in Vernazza) - centrally located and by far my favorite of all 5 towns!
- Eat gelato at Gelateria Vernazza as much as possible... The best gelato of my entire 2 weeks in Italy! Try the mint and the dark chocolate
- Dinner at Al Castello is a MUST. Recommended by the owner of our B&B and was to die for. It's inside the castle and at sunset is just unreal. Plus the staff is the sweetest and the food was great.
- Breakfast at Il Pirata delle Cinque Terre. They are a bit crazy though just to warn you
- Eat a lot of pesto - it was born here!
- Drink lots of lemonade or other lemon products
- Hike between all 5 towns, of course. If staying in Vernazza I recommend:
- One day hike Vernazza -> Corniglia -> Manarola -> Riomaggiore. Spend an hour or two exploring each town as you go. Ferry from Riomaggiore back to Vernazza (great photo opps)
- Another day hike Vernazza -> Monterosso. Spend a few hours laying on the beach in Monterossa to make up for the long hike :) Don't stop at the first beach though, keep walking.